Pregnancy alone is not the easiest time in one’s life. Adding on the emotional stress of being high risk and taking care of a 2 year old can only make things harder. Fortunately for me, I have the most incredible husband who has taken on so much of an extra burden to make life easier for me.
“How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.”
- Laundry – I may do a load here or there but the majority of our laundry is done every weekend by Matt, including folding and ironing.
- Dishes – Every night before bed, Matt makes sure the dishwasher is full and runs it so that I have plenty of sippy cups and clean dishes the next day.
- Yard Work – Now this will generally be Matt’s responsibility (until the boys are old enough to help mow), but having it solely upon his shoulders to take care of right now is an added burden. But I must say, our yard looks beautiful and we are in the midst of the rainy season!
- Cleaning – When I least expect it, I will hear the vacuum going or see the counters being wiped down. I am amazed by Matt’s willingness to take care of the simple things at home as well.
- Decorating – With everything that Matt already has going on, he doesn’t hesitate when I ask him to paint, hang pictures, and just follow my ideas in setting up our new house into our new home.
- The Toddler – My parents lately have been taking Levi in the mornings to give me extra time to rest or get things done, which I am incredibly blessed by their love for him. Matt, after a long day at work, always takes the time to play with Levi, to help him during dinner, to get him ready for bed, to say his night-time prayers, and to tuck him in. I get to enjoy cuddling with Levi before bed without the physical strain of wrestling with him in play and into his pjs.
- Work – Matt is a wonderful, hard-working provider for our family. He gets up in the morning before Levi and I do and puts in a long day. And yet, doesn’t complain about his responsibilities at home even when he is tired.
These are just a few of the burdens that are laid upon Matt’s shoulders as I have grown bigger and bigger over the last few months. He does them without complaint, without grumbling, without anger, without resentment. Rather I see joy, patience, his strong work ethic, and the love he has for me and our children. I look forward to having my energy and my body back, so that I am able to take some of the weight off of his shoulders, but in the mean time I must express how much I appreciate the sacrifices that Matt makes for our family. I love you Matt, more than these words can express.
38 Weeks 2 days… the countdown is on! 8 days or less!!